When was the last time that you went clothes shopping? Many of us go to the mall with an idea of what we’re looking for. Pants, a new t-shirt, shoes; chances are you knew what you were looking for.
You probably even had an idea of the style of item you’re looking for. If it’s a familiar brand, you know your sizing and what works for you and what doesn’t. When you think about it, we put quite a lot of consideration into the clothing we wear.
Now think about this: What if that item of clothing could change your life?
It’s estimated that up to 15% of American adults over 18 have some difficulty hearing. Further estimates show that almost 30 million Americans could benefit from using a hearing aid.
A hearing aid can have a profound impact on your quality of life. Hearing devices can help ease communication. They can improve your mental wellbeing. They truly open up a world of sound.
Given that your hearing devices are going to have such a big impact, it’s important to make sure that you do your research before committing to this purchase. Understanding the different styles and styles of hearing aids can help you get the right device for you.
5 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Hearing Aid:
- How do I get started choosing a hearing aid? Can anyone help me? The simple answer is: “yes!” At Clear Wave Hearing Center, our hearing healthcare specialists can help evaluate your hearing loss. They will discuss your lifestyle, and help recommend the right hearing device for you.
- Is the hearing aid going to be uncomfortable? It is unlikely to be uncomfortable, however, just like with a new pair of glasses, there will be a period of adjustment with hearing aid devices. If you are not used to wearing hearing aids, we recommend that you gradually build up the time you’re wearing the device. You can find additional tips to help adjust to your new hearing aids here.
- How much will it cost? The price of hearing aids varies, and can range from $1000 – $4000. The features included with the device will also affect the cost. You may be able to use an insurance policy, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) to help with financing the purchase. You may also be eligible for a tax break on your hearing aids.
- How long do hearing aid batteries last? This depends on the model of your hearing aid device. It also depends on how often you are using the devices. Hearing aid devices that use disposable batteries can often last up to 10 days. Remember, carry a spare set of batteries with you just in case. Hearing aid devices with rechargeable batteries can often hold charge for 24 hours and last for years. Simply place overnight in it’s own charging station.
- What features will my hearing aid have? Hearing aids of today are sophisticated devices. Many devices offer Bluetooth or wireless connectivity to your apps and smart devices. There are many features available. When you speak with the hearing healthcare specialists at Clear Wave hearing Center, we’ll be able to advise on the connectivity and features that would best suit your lifestyle.
At Hearing Aid Specialists of CT, we want to find the right hearing aid device for you. Our hearing care professionals will guide you through the process of selecting your hearing aid. If you’re ready to book in an appointment, call us on 888-657-5768 or click here to request an appointment now.